Monday 13 February 2012

YOU WILL FLOAT ON YOUR PRIDE

Being very much from the old school of ‘I’:
I beckon, I plead, to see your multiple flairs.
I call back to what is chiselled on my heart
And report the findings for you to undermine
Yourself with. Ugly avarice is given cheap
Garments, by speaking the world’s truth in
Unfiltered air.

Now open up your head, let the breeze blow
Past so many failures of betrayal, leaving wild
Vagaries less distorted. But you have already
Jumped. Although you will float on your pride.

4 comments:

  1. With what we've been talking about of late, this kinda took my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that insight and truth have come too late. Impressive! Although, of course, your words rarely lack mystery : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very deep, Matthew. Love the title and the closing line brings it full circle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...really powerful poem! So glad I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete